Personal Information we collect
We may collect the following Personal Information from or about you, where the information is reasonably necessary for our business purposes, including to provide our Services to you:
- email address
- mobile number
- date of birth
- default information
- We may collect the following Personal Information from or about you, where the information is reasonably necessary for our business purposes, including to provide our Services to you:
How we collect your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- You - we collect Personal Information from you directly when you use the Clear Name Website and/or our Services (including if you contact us for support by email or telephone), or you interact with us in another way – such as completing a survey.
- From time to time we may collect, use, store and disclose non-identifiable information relating to your use of the Clear Name Website. For example, we may record information such as the areas of the Clear Name Website that you visit along with the time, date and URL of the pages you access, your IP address and/or the previous website that you visited before linking to the Clear Name Website.
- We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
Purpose of collection of Personal Information
- We collect Personal Information for the primary purpose of being able to operate our business, including to providing our Services to you. If you do not provide all of the Personal Information we request (or authorise us to collect that information), you may not be able to use our Services.
In addition, we collect Personal Information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to validate, update and/or enhance our products, services and databases (including those of our Related Bodies Corporate);
- to undertake research, analytics and/or benchmarking;
- to identify and understand user needs;
- to verify and assess your identity;
- for our business development and marketing purposes;
- to send you details about products and services and special offers that might interest you, from us and from third parties – see clause 9 below; and
- for internal record keeping, audit and compliance purposes and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
You authorise us to disclose Personal Information to:
- Credit Simple - to enable Credit Simple to display information to you, when you access the Credit Simple Website, about Debts that you can repay using Clear Name (and any applicable discounts offered by Participating Lenders) and to enable Credit Simple to update illion when you have made a payment to a Participating Lender via Clear Name; and
- Other -(i) our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you; (ii) anyone considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets; (iii) other entities or persons (including our Related Bodies Corporate), to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in clause 5.2 above; (iv) any law enforcement, legal, government or regulatory agency, where such disclosure is required or authorised by law; (v) other individuals or companies authorised by you. These entities may be located in Australia or overseas.
- Clear Name is not a credit reporting body, and will not report information about your creditworthiness to other credit reporting bodies other than illion when you make a payment.
- You authorise us to disclose Personal Information to:
Provision of information about others
- We may use technology known as a “cookie” to collect statistical information about you when using internet browsing, mobile or tablet applications. Cookies are small pieces of information captured when your device is used to access online content. They can record information about your visit to the Clear Name Website, allowing it to remember you the next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience.
From time to time we may use your Personal Information that you have provided to us to provide you with:
- updates about your information; and
- current information about our services, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any third party (Marketing Communications).
- By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to us (including our Related Bodies Corporate) using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for these purposes, including by mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone.
- If you do not wish to receive Marketing Communications from us you may at any time unsubscribe from receiving such information by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
- You acknowledge and agree that even if you opt out of receiving Marketing Communications, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send you relating to the Services we provide.
- From time to time we may use your Personal Information that you have provided to us to provide you with:
Storage & Security
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your Personal Information in a secure environment, however this security cannot be guaranteed. Our procedures are designed to prevent your Personal Information being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details below.
- Notwithstanding the reasonable steps taken to keep information secure, breaches may occur. In the event of a security incident we have in place procedures to promptly investigate the incident and determine if there has been a data breach involving Personal Information, and if so, to assess if it is a breach that would require notification. If it is, we will notify affected parties in accordance with Privacy Law requirements.
Your access to your Personal Information
- It is important to our relationship that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
- You may request access to any of the Personal Information we hold about you at any time. To request access to the Personal Information that we hold about you, use the contact details specified below. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
- If you consider that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us to request that it is updated. Please let us know if there are any changes to the Personal Information you have provided to us. While we take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information held by us is up to date, we will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, grant access to the information in the manner requested. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your Personal Information we hold.
Further information and complaints
- You may request further information about the way we manage your Personal Information or lodge a complaint by contacting us using the contact details below.
- We will deal with any complaint by investigating the complaint, and providing a response to the complainant within 30 business days, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In cases where further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will seek to agree alternative time frames with you.
Definitions and interpretation
- Clear Name, we or us
- means illion Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 95 006 399 677) where you are accessing the Services via a “.com.au” Clear Name Website; or (b) illion New Zealand Limited (Co. No. 361901) where you are accessing the Services via a “.co.nz” Clear Name Website.
- Clear Name Website
- means the website at the following location: https://www.clearname.com.au (where the Territory is Australia); or https://www.clearname.co.nz (where the Territory is New Zealand).
- Credit Report
- means the most recent Credit Information (as that term is defined in Part IIIA of the Privacy Act) that you authorise Credit Simple to provide to Clear Name.
- Credit Simple
- means Credit Simple (Australia) Pty Limited (where the Territory is Australia), or Credit Simple (NZ) Limited (where the Territory is New Zealand).
- Credit Simple Website
- means the Website available at the URL https://www.creditsimple.com.au (where the Territory is Australia), or https://www.creditsimple.co.nz (where the Territory is New Zealand).
- means DBCC Pty Ltd in Australia, and illion New Zealand Limited in New Zealand, the credit reporting body.
- Debt means:
- where the Territory is Australia - the “default Information” (as defined in the Privacy Act) recorded on your Credit Report as the amount owing to a Participating Lender;
- where the Territory is New Zealand, - the amount recorded on your Credit Report as a “credit default” (as defined in the Credit Reporting Privacy Code 2004) owing to a Participating Lender, which the Participating Lender has appointed us to collect.
- means Ezidebit Pty Ltd Limited (where the Territory is Australia), and Ezidebit (NZ) Limited (where the Territory is New Zealand).
- Participating Lender
- means a lender who has entered into an agreement with Clear Name to participate in the Services, from time to time.
- Personal Information
- means personal information (as defined in the Privacy Laws) that you provide to Clear Name or authorise Clear Name to collect.
- Privacy Laws
- means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) when the Territory is Australia, and the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) when the Territory is New Zealand, and any other applicable privacy laws, including any determination, code or guideline issued under those laws in the relevant Territory.
- Related Body Corporate
- means (a) where the Territory is Australia – the meaning given to that term in section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001; and (b) where the Territory is New Zealand – the meaning given to "Related Company" in section 2(3) of the Companies Act 1993.
https://www.clearname.com.au/content/terms-of-use (where the Territory is Australia), and
https://www.clearname.co.nz/content/terms-of-use (where the Territory is New Zealand).
- means (a) Australia, if you are accessing Services via a “.com.au” Clear Name Website; or (b) New Zealand, if you are accessing Services via a “.co.nz” Clear Name Website.
How to contact us